Mind-blowing energy, fresh vibes and enticing rhythms from South Africa. A multi-talented cast representing Soweto street culture, blends tribal and urban dance and music to tell a story of a new generation. Unmissable!
Told through the story of a young male character, Sphiwe, this musical takes the audience through the ups and downs of youth life in Soweto. The township of Soweto, where old and new generations intertwine through rhythm and dance, is creating a new vibe. A new generation is bridging the gaps between tribes and cultures by means of urban dance and music. Supported by SA-UK Seasons, the British High Commission in Pretoria and the Scottish Episcopal Church, Edinburgh College and Edinburgh Lighting and Sound School.
Project organized as part of the South African Season in the UK. The SA-UK Seasons 2014 & 2015 is a partnership between the Department of Arts and Culture, South Africa and the British Council.
- Dates and Times Aug 7-8,10-15,17-22,24-29,31 at 16:00 I Aug 16,30 at 14:00
- Ticket Price £15.00 (£13.00) (£40.00F)
- Venue Central Hall, 2 West Tollcross, Edinburgh, EH3 9BP (Auditorium at Central Hall)
- Age Guidance Universal (U)
- Category Performance I Musical