Tonight was the first of a series of 6 talks entitled 'PhD in an Hour', and today's theme was 'Parties, Politics and Pro-Independence Parties'.
Just Festival's director, Katherine Newbigging, attended to the talk which was hosted by Coree Brown. Here are five things she learnt tonight:
- Around 93% of people vote in Belgium elections as voting is mandatory
- The concept of an independent state is constantly changing
- Having your language recognised is often the first step on the trajectory to independence
- Public engagement events are more exciting than libraries
- The 19th September 2014 will be as exciting as the 18th September 2014
If you went to this event, what did you learn? Feel free to comment!